This is a compilation of articles and places to find Technical Communication and Instructional Design educational resources. This is far from a complete list, but I’ve tried to make it as comprehensive as possible. The lists were long, so making them into PDFs was the most manageable solution. Each list lists the institution that offers a program, and a link to the corresponding credential it offers. The lists are arranged by credential.
Be sure to check the articles at the bottom as well as additional resources on instructional design programs.
If you’d like to see a program listed here or help me make a correction (or help me maintain this list!), let me know at email@example.com.
Lists of Resources (updated 24 April 2013):
Good information articles:
- Online Education for Instructional Designers: Picking the Right Program – Learning Solutions Magazine
- Do You Need an Instructional Design Degree? by Tom Kuhlmann on the Rapid E-learning Blog
- e-Learning Developer: Degree and Certificate in instructional design / eLearning – Are these programs worthwhile?
- eLearning Technology: eLearning Certifications
- The eLearning Coach: Instructional Design and eLearning Programs (in the US)
- E-Learning Heroes: What degree/certificate programs exist?